And, we know we’re not there yet. It is lifelong work to dismantle the system of white supremacy. But we’re committed to making these changes. Here’s how it shows up in our company.
- Scholarship program in the works for Black, Indigenous, and Women of Color (BIWOC) for all group programs.
- Community standards in place order to create the safest space for BIWOC in our programs.
- Ongoing personal work by our staff to unpack our own privilege and dismantle white supremacy through books and trainings, in particular so that we can hold a safe space for BIWOC.
- Conversations about race and equity in our programs are welcomed and engaged.
- Curated DEI resources provided to clients and referrals to DEI trainers and coaches.
- At least 30% of our budget goes to Black-owned businesses and contractors in the next three years (in process).
- A portion of all profits go to organizations supporting BIPOC (including my fave orgs, Outdoor Afro, the Nap Ministry and Black Sanctuary Gardens). The percentage of profits donated is set to increase as revenues increase.
- At least half the coaches and guest teachers in my programs are BIWOC.