Your biggest problem is probably not that you’re lazy.
More likely, it’s that you’re trying to do too much. I get it. It seems like there are endless items on the entrepreneur’s to-do list, always so much to do… gotta keep going, gotta keep it up… it’s exhausting.
Well, I’m going to let you in on one of life’s big secrets: There is always more you want to do than available time.
So what are we to do in the face of that?
First, we must make peace with that irrefutable fact.
And then, we prioritize.
Now granted, fall is definitely a productive time of year. Fruits are literally falling off the trees. We’re in a deeply energizing period of time before the holidays hit and we shift gears to slow down, reflect, and celebrate.
So yes, it’s a great time to get things done.
And… let’s check ourselves here!
If you’re like me, you’re probably overdoing, not underdoing.
So if you are in one of those harried moments when you’re beating yourself up because you’re not getting “enough” done, here are 5 questions you can reflect upon:
- Could I be more compassionate with myself? Is it possible I could give myself a break for cryin’ out loud?
- What am I telling myself “should” get done that doesn’t actually need to? Have I created some arbitrary deadline that doesn’t matter to anyone but me but is totally stressing me out?
- Why is it important that I do this? Is that a legit reason?
- Am I comparing myself to other people’s successes?
- Are my expectations of myself are a wee bit too high?
Now, on the flip side, you do still want to get things done. So now, ask yourself these 5 questions:
- Where am I not following through on commitments that are truly aligned with and important for me to manifest my vision and goals? Why?
- Am I busying myself with little details while avoiding doing something important because I’m scared of putting myself out there and failing?
- Am I avoiding important things because I’m not confident about tech, admin or money stuff?
- Is there some deeper work I need to do to get through an old block that continues to stop me from doing important things in my business?
- Who can help me work through this?
Now, here’s your assignment:
What are your true priorities based on your vision and goals for your business? Name the top three things (you only get three!) you want to do before the holiday season hits.
Comment below and let me know… I would LOVE to hear from you.
I’ll leave you with this incredibly perfect Yogi Tea quote my client got on her way into our first meeting this week:
“Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” Lao Tzu
I don’t think I need to say anything more (Lao Tzu is way wiser than me!).
And PS, if you’re interested in learning the secrets of natural productivity, I highly recommend checking out the Redwood Circle Women’s Business Community. We’re enrolling now!